What are screen readers? How do they work? Why are they so complicated?
We will cover why they are so important (and difficult) to understand – and demystify them in the process – you will learn how they work, and interaction with the DOM and related accessibility APIs. What is the Off Screen Model? How does the accessibility API support screen readers? What is the virtual cursor, what is browse mode? How do they work?
While it is true that web accessibility is not just ‘all about screen readers’. This module is designed to help you learn the benefits of understanding screen reader accessibility in order to support other types of assistive technology.
After this module you may be interested in:
- Introduction to Assistive Technology
- Understanding the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Designing for Accessibility
- Accessible HTML and ARIA
- PDF Accessibility
- Introduction to iOS accessibility
- Introduction to Android accessibility
- QA Accessibility Testing
- Writing Accessibility User Stories
To book accessibility training call 01 961 0059 or international (+353) 1 961 0059.