Learn about Android accessibility and how to develop accessible native applications.
In this module, you’ll be introduced to Android accessibility and you will learn about the basic accessibility options available on this platform. You’ll will get a demonstration of working with a screen reader on mobile and be introduced to available testing tools such as the Google Accessibility Scanner and Lint on Android.
The main emphasis will be an introduction to best practices for making basic interface elements accessible and while the Android accessibility API is more limited than iOS, it is still powerful and important for a developer to understand.
This is module one – for module two please see Advanced Android Accessibility
You may also be interested in:
- Introduction to Assistive Technology
- Understanding the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- How do screen readers work?
- Designing for Accessibility
- PDF Accessibility
- Introduction to iOS accessibility
- QA Accessibility Testing
- Writing Accessibility User Stories
To book accessibility training call 01 961 0059 or international (+353) 1 961 0059.